Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Palisades/Happy Birthday Liz

It was my baby sisters birthday on Monday. Even though she is 30 something now I remember teaching her how to walk by waving a Popsicle at her from across the room, she will always be my baby sister :)

She decided that she wanted to spend her birthday at Palisades park. So of course we jumped at the chance to meet everyone there. Liz, Gary, Hailey and Dan and Steve, Miki, Keana and Hailey drove south East 2 1/2 hours and we drove North East 2 1/2 hours. We all met in the middle. Palisades is a little lake that we went to every summer growing up. We all have such good memories of family fun there. None of us had been there in ages, but now that we went we can't wait to go back.


Its a small enough lake that they don't allow motor boats so its perfect for swimming.

Dewey in the water with all the Little's.
They have a floating platform you can swim out to then jump off of. You'll notice me sitting on the platform, not out splashing around. I have a thing about lakes, don't ask I know its an irrational fear. But I did swim myself out there.


What do you think, are the boys having fun?


Luke trying out his body board skills


Kind of hard to tell but Kolby is laughing his little head off. This was before he tried drowning aunt Miki by hanging around her neck like a little monkey...sorry about that miki :) Glad to say all are safe and sound.


After a delish picnic lunch we headed around the lake to fish. Not me personally, mostly the Little's. I walked past them and poor Dewey was running back and forth fixing/casting/untangling poles. As I'm not much help in that department I got to take pics and kept walking :)




The boys have been fishing for a few years so you would think they would better understand the sit still theory. I think my taking this picture was the longest Kolby stayed in one place.


As the afternoon came on a thunder storm rolled in. We packed up in the rain and then headed out our separate ways. A wonderful fun day spent with the best family ever!

Happy Birthday Liz, we love you!!





















No comments: