Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Add soccer mom to my resume.

Because our days are just not jammed packed enough we are throwing soccer into the mix :)

Last weekend was the boys very first games. As fate would have it they were at the very same time in two different towns. Since we were not sure how Kolby would do (look back at the wrestling posts) we decided Dewey should go to his game to give him that extra "get out and play" that dads are so good at. Lukes game was in a small town to the north of us so grandpa came to help me cheer him on.

Luke and Kolby right before we left.


Unfortunately with everyone scrambling to get out the door one of us forgot their camera. (it wasn't ME) So we just have pics of Lukes game.
Luke did so well. I was really proud of him, he got right out there and ran after the ball and always made sure he was in the middle of things.



This was a pretty big deal since he is the smallest player on his team.



At his first practice he noticed right away. He ran back to me and said "mom I'm the smallest one here". I said "its ok it just means you will be fast and dart in and out around people, get out there". Now my mom heart wanted to cry and hold him tight. But I know that this is something he will always have to deal with, its part of who he is. My job as a parent is to raise a strong confident son who will not see size as an obstacle. We talk alot about how God made everyone perfect, just as they are supposed to be. We come in all different shapes and sizes and colors and everyone is perfect just as they are.
So its not important that hes not the tallest or fastest player its important that he is out there playing his little heart out.


When we all got back to the house I was happy to hear that Kolby did just great. At his age the games are a little more laid back and set up for the kids to just run and have fun. Next weekends games are not at the same time so we will all be able to go to both. I'll take lots of Kolby pics then :)
The proud players! (you might notice Kolby is in a different uniform then the first pic, I guess traded before he even had his first game, we like to think drafted :)



This pic cracks me up, Lukes team is the Blue Thunder and Kolbys is the Lions, this is him Roaring.


Let the fun begin!














1 comment:

Wilcox Family said...

I love your first day of school post and now soccer. You are such a good mom and the boys are so cute and getting big. Auggie and Marshall are coaching Canyon's soccer team so practice and games have arrived for us as well. Yes, strong, confident and compassionate young men we are raising. Have a great weekend!! xo, Jana