Monday, May 2, 2011

Water Babies

After our hike last weekend we went to Quail Lake for a picnic. A really pretty lake in the desert. I'm sure in the summer its a zillion degrees with no shade, but this time of year, just perfect.


To say the boys LOVED it was an understatement
Just look at this happy face


They were not happy when it was time to go and made us promise to come back soon



I do have to admit that I'm also partial to water.... of any kind. To me a hike is not a hike if I don't get to see some sort of water along the way. And don't even get me started on the ...sigh...Ocean



I LOVE Luke's zest for life. A Boat went by (in the middle of the lake) which was enough to cause small waves. Luke jumped in and faced the waves with his arms straight back, a huge grin on his face.


It was as if he was saying "bring it world"



He is loving every minute every wave that comes in.

Just pure happiness in the moment.


Its moments like this that melt my heart..........
















2 comments:

Hannah said...

What a fun day! You guys do the best things. I can totally relate to the zest for life bit....I see that in sophia too. It scares me and thrills me at the same time.

Anna said...

This looks like such a great day and I am like you I just LOVE anywhere by the water! I find it so relaxing.

The boys look like they had a ball and the scenery looks amazing.

I love your new blog look too...life has been too busy and I am so behind on reading the blogs I love to keep up with...not to mention my own blog which has been neglected now for months!!

Hope you're all going well and take care,

Anna