Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New additions......

So here's the story..... Awhile ago the boys preschool got Guinea pigs, Little did I know that would be the start of a certain boys obsession. Its pretty much all Kolby talk about. Countless times I would pick him up from school and he would be holding/playing with the guinea pigs. It didn't take long for him to start asking for one of his very own. Honestly I thought for sure it was a passing phase and that if I didn't bring it up he would forget all about it. Next thing we know he has a name picked out "Squeaky Peaches" and wants to know when squeaky can home. This is an EVERYDAY conversation. After much talk about responsibility of taking care of animals, the work it takes to keep one happy and healthy, the time and money involved..... not much of a surprise we got two Guinea pigs....

But I ask you look at this child's smile.... pure joy, holding.... Squeaky peaches


First thing he does in the morning is run in and tell the piggies good morning, same thing at night and every time we leave the house.
I don't think Luke was/is over the moon happy like Kolby but everything I read said they are happier in twos so meet Tennison. (he started out as Ben 10 a cartoon Luke likes then somehow morphed into Tennison)


I have to admit, they sure are cute little guys.


Because I'm a tad bit crazy about such things I went overboard on the research of all things Guinea Pigs. The right size/type cage, food, toys, care. And I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the cage we put together. This used to be square toy (read mess) holders.



Now a perfectly acceptable Guinea pig house.




With the toys neatly stowed underneath in tubs and drawers. In theory this should be easier to keep clean, we'll see how that works out.

So yes two more animals to out little farm, keep the fun coming :)











1 comment:

Hannah said...

They are adorable! Dmitry used to want a guinea pig when he was little. Hope you guys have fun with them :)