Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Luke Graduated Kindergarten!

Wow and wow I know people say it all the time but honestly it seems like just yesterday Luke started kindergarten. Last Friday he graduated....gasp. They had a program last week to celebrate. It was called a barn dance. And can I just say so stinkin cute. Two kindergarten classes singing and dancing their little hearts out.


I tried to take close up pics since I don't feel comfortable publishing other children's pictures. Most of them didn't turn out but here are a few.

Luke being a buffalo
He was pretty serious for most of the program but I did manage to catch one laugh.


Grandma and Grandpa came to watch then we all went for ice cream afterwards to celebrate.


Luke getting off the bus for the last time as a Kindergartner




I had balloons and a little treat waiting for him. We tried to get a picture at the same place we did his first day of school. But He has a thing about the sun in his eyes for a picture. Hes fine running around but as soon as the camera comes up his eyes close. So under the tree in the shade we went.




We are so proud of this little guy. He has worked so hard at speech and school. On the last day of school I took some gifts to his class for his teachers. His teacher was so sweet. She gave me a hug and thanked me for having Luke in her class. She then said " Luke is an amazing child, you don't have to worry about him he is going to be just fine in school and life". It meant a lot to hear that. (of course as his mom I believe that, but its still nice to hear) For a child that weighed 17 pounds at 2 years old and didn't speak, hes come a long way in 4 years.
Bring on First grade!

We love you Luke Congratulations!!!!!












1 comment:

Hannah said...

Congratulations Luke! Enjoy your summer and have a blast :)