Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When it snows.........

Why not build an igloo?
This past weekend we had a huge snowstorm come through. So there was no question that we would be out playing in it. There was some debate over what to build, but an igloo won out. We took out tupperware in various sizes for our "bricks"

Of course its important to taste the snow to make sure its the right kind.
Also pretending your at the beach (he gets that from me :) and the snow is sand is important too.

After much stacking and gathering of snow.....ta..da an igloo

Being that we are not igloo making experts it was a little small. But there was enough room for two boys to fit in nicely.

They were both pretty pleased with all of our hard work




It only took them a few minute before they decided they needed windows. So Dewey dutifully gave them each a "window" to look out of.



One of out wonderful neighbors stopped by as we were building. Last night he brought over an American flag for the boys to place on their igloo.
This morning while we were waiting for the bus Kolby Luke and I went out to place their flag. Luke was so cute, he carried it very proudly. We had had a talk about how important our flag is and how it is to be treated with respect. As soon as I put it on the top Luke said "I think we should say the pledge of allegiance". I have to admit I was not aware that Luke knew the pledge of allegiance. (Its been a long long time since I was in kindergarten) He put his hand on his heart and started reciting it perfectly.
Such a sweet site.
This morning made me think of Dewey and I landing in Minneapolis with Luke after two months in Kazakhstan. How we both cried to be landing on American soil knowing that the moment we did our son would become a citizen. Its a time I will never forget.











1 comment:

York-Idom Family said...

Cute pictures of the igloo. Still hate the snow so none of the pictures will be of me playing there. But how cute they are playing and with the flag. Can't believe how big they are!!!! Love reading your posts and keeping up with the warner's.