Thursday, March 10, 2011

And the sports have began.....

Our theory is try everything and see what sticks.
Luke and Kolby spend 98% of their time at home wrestling with each other so when we got the flier for Wrestling I thought it would be a natural fit. Ok in my mind I thought yippee something both boys could do at the same time leaving me with an hour and a half to run errands, exercise whatever twice a week. (Did I mention we are new to this whole sports thing and I know next to nothing about wrestling)
The first night we get there the coach starts yelling in a loud couch voice for the boys to run. Luke and Kolby both started around the gymnasium. Kolby made it around once and ran straight back to me with a horrified look on his face. Apparently it was all a little to much for him. Luke on the other hand ATE IT UP. If the coach yelled "Who are we" he was right there jumping up and down yelling "falcons". So as it turns out we have Luke in wrestling with Kolby and I watching until Dew gets off work and trades us places.

"Never Quit" is their motto this year. And I have to say I was very impressed with the coach explaining it to the kids (with a lot of yelling). He used cleaning your room....never quit. My ears perked right up at that :)
The pictures are not that great but you get the general idea, that's Luke in the middle.

Luke seems to really like it. I don't know how much of the actual techniques hes getting down but hes having a good time.


This Sat is his first tournament....... I have no idea what to expect. Luke is pretty excited so we will see. Hopefully I will be able to take some pics and post later.


The start to what I'm sure is years to come of hours and hours spent on sports, let the fun began.




1 comment:

Wilcox Family said...

Sooooo cute!! I love it. We were thinking of Karate for the boys(for the very same reason) and just tonight I thought, what about wrestling?! Keep us posted!! :) xo, Jana