Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meet our new addition

Calli the barn cat.

We have a mutual agreement that all new animal additions have to be approved by both adult members of the household. We however made no provisions for cats that just show up and make their home in our barn. The best part about this story is that Dew knows for a fact that I had nothing to do with bringing this cat home. He's knows if I had, the cat would be sleeping in our room every night. I would have brought that cat straight into the house (which I may have tried to do a few days ago but she just ran back outside) and never placed her out in the barn..... yep I'm off the hook. Well sort of... after a week of seeing her out there I did start feeding her. Its winter and COLD outside. And you may have noticed the name "Calli" well I had to call her something ;)
She is the sweetest cat. She is not feral, she just loves to be petted. (and frankly is much nicer then our cat that lives in doors and only likes Dewey) We are guessing that because we live out in the country someone drove out and just dropped her off and she found her way to the barn.

So add one more cat to our list of animals who share our little farm with us :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww sooo prettty that cat!!!

Hannah said...

What a pretty kitty! I am a sucker for animals....if they show up, I feed them and take care of them.

York-Idom Family said...

She is so cute love her! Feeding them is the worst, but yes its cold and they are hunger other wise they would have found us that are soft hearted and need us!