Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Luke

Our little Luke is 5. WOW I can't believe how time flies. I'm in shock that he is 5. (I'm starting to understand that this is how mothers think, I'll be in shock when he is 11, 23 , and 49 :)
He had a fun filled birthday. We took cupcakes and I spent the day with him at preschool. Grandma and Grandpa came over to share his Handy Manny birthday cake. Then Dewey, Luke Kolby and I went to see the new chipmunks movie. (Luke's choice)
But by far the nest was going skiing on Saturday. He was so excited was his very first time hitting the slopes.
It was one of those perfect Utah days for skiing. Sun shining fresh snow, we couldn't ask for more. Steve and Kianna came down for the day to join us.
This is Dew and Luke and Steve on the snow board.

Luke had NO fear, not of the lift not of the hills not of going fast. In fact just the opposite, he wanted to go faster and didn't want to take the time to learn how to stop or turn as that would only slow him down. Dew is a MUCH better skier then I am so he had the pleasure of teaching and skiing with Luke most of the day.

As you can see the ground is nearly flat here so Luke is working on his "french fry" stance



A great practice area for him but he was frustrated by not being able to go fast.



Dewey and I were able to get a few runs in with Steve's help watching Luke. It was wonderful!!!! It felt so good to race down the hills with such beautiful weather and scenery, a perfect day.
And of course we had to spend some time hanging out on the deck with hot chocolate.



Happy Birthday my baby boy!!! You amaze me every day.





5 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

What a great day! I can't wait until we can all ski together as a family, but we have awhile to go yet!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It was nice to "see" you again, Stacey!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday!! Five is such a milestone. You are right you are now in that mom club. I cry every year the night before Dmitry's birthday...it just doesn't seem right for them to get so big and grow up.

I love the skiing pictures! Very cool way to spend the day :)

Paula said...

Stacey,
I am so excited to read each and every post and live them with you. Enjoy your boys which I know you do. I remember the days that your mom came into school and told me that you were on the way home with each of them and I cried.

I am a little envious of the snow. We had some the first of December but......it pales in comparison.

Take care and "talk" to you soon.

Paula

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!

Luke looks like he did really well on skis for his first time.

And it looks beautiful there Stacey.

I've had issues getting onto blogger so its good to be 'back'.

Take care,
Anna

York-Idom Family said...

Already 5 holy crap time flies when you are having fun! Great Pictures. Love ya