Friday, June 7, 2013

3rd installment

A little funny that it took me three posts to actually get to the Grand Canyon pictures. But it was just that good of a vacation.
So Sunday morning we woke up early to go to the Wild West Show the train company put on. Since we have been home I can't even count how many times the boys have replayed the shoot outs. And how many times I have heard "No I get to be the sheriff".
Then it was time to board the train. Luckily for us our wonderful neighbors who had already taken the train gave us a book all about the ride before we left home. So we had all kinds information that we would not have known without the book.

Riding a train might just be my new favorite way to travel. Its nice and slow with comfy seats. Big windows for me to look out. This particular train had musicians come through to entertain us.

And of course I took pics along the way, Cute grandma and grandpa. I have to say a very good way to reach the Grand Canyon.

Of course I have heard about how magnificent the Grand Canyon is. It did not disappoint. It really is so big its hard to comprehend it, a little overwhelming.


So happy that our Grand Canyon first time was with shared with family.


There is a walk way that I have no idea how far it goes. We walked along for about a mile looking at the views. There was tons of educational stops along the way that was right up my nerd alley. The boys thought the rocks and how old each one was was pretty cool.


Love these two!

This might be one of my new favorite pictures of all time.

You really could stay for days just looking at everything. For us it was a few hours. We had a wonderful lunch at a hotel with windows overlooking the Grand Canyon, a little surreal.
All to soon it was time to leave so back on the train for us. I think the highlight of the boys trip was the train "robbery" that happened on the way back. The "robbers" (who we found out were retired and off duty police officers) rode along side the train. At just that moment the train ran into trouble and had to stop. The "robbers" came through each car. Can you just imagine the boys faces as this happened? Then the sheriff came though and we all cheered for him to catch the "robbers". So fun!

Oh you might think we are done... but no. There will be one last post, just that good people :)


No comments: