Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mothers Day!

I had a simply wonderful Mothers day and hope you did too. I woke up to breakfast ready and waiting out on the patio. The boys had each made me the cutest present at school. Luke made a vase with tape and Kolby made Hot pads with his hand print on them. Both just perfect. They also picked out a plant for me, they told me it was a "man eating flower". Its official name is a red rose plant. :)
When they asked what I wanted to do I said "Lets go hiking". We decided to try a new hike about 15 minutes to the south of us. As a fun added bonus grandpa came with us.
A lot of the hike was in and through a stream. Which just happened to be ice cold. (that's what happens when snow melts :)
But the absolutely stunning scenery made up for it.
The slot canyon was amazing. These pics were all taken with my phone. I did take my camera but forget to change the lens (derr) we were in way to confined spaces to use it. So keep in mind phone pics and frozen feet when you look at the pics.


At one point we came to a ladder which really was just a log with little wood pieces nailed in for steps. I have never really thought about doing these kind of things before. Now that I have boys that also have to do them it changes things a bit. (scared out of my mind)
Grandpa went first and then the boys were brave little troopers and clamored right up after him. Once we got to the top Luke did ask if there was any other way to get back to the car that didn't involve going back down the ladder. There wasn't but we all made it back none the worse for wear.
Well almost, Kolbys wet shoes caused a blister so he "had" to be carried part of the way back.
A beautiful perfect Mothers day hike!
When we got back we went to Grandma and Grandpas to have a BBQ for Grandmas mothers day. A wonderful relaxing way to end the day.

1 comment:

Wilcox Family said...

Glad you had a wonderful day, you deserive it. That hike looked amazing! Put that one on the "to-do" list for the California cousins!