Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back to school shopping

Two weekends ago we headed to St. George to do some back to school shopping. As it turns out 5 and 7 year old boys care as much about school clothes as they do the price of beans in Timbuktu. NOT AT ALL. So we split up with Dew taking the boys to Target to pick out backpacks and me going next door to Ross. A short time later we met back at the car, them with their shiny new back packs me with 8 pairs of size 6 Levi's. (the cashier asked if I had taken all the size 6's they had........I did and informed her my two boys that were going to wear them would likely need more in a few months so they best get some more :)
After a quick stop at the mall to get the "all important" first day outfits. (All important to pretty much just me) Dew was in the dressing room helping the boys while I grabbed sizes. I heard one of the boys ask "dad why do we have try all these on?" to which Dew replied "cus mom wants us to". Ha its good to be queen :) We (me) decided on two outfits, the boys official opinion was "yea great can we go now".
We stopped at one of our favorite restaurants, "Mongolian BBQ" for lunch. By "our" I mean me and the boys, its not Dews favorite but because he loves us we can usually talk him into going. Its a family run restaurant so its always the same people every time we go. They are so nice and give extra special attention to the boys and remember them every time. Kolby and I fill our mostly veggie bowls (he tried a little chicken this time) on one side. Luke and Dew go down the other getting their mostly meat bowls. Literally Luke gets just meat with a few noodles. Which makes this place perfect we all get what we want.
We topped off the day with a stop at the city's water park.

It should go without saying this was by far the boys favorite part of the day.


It was almost as fun for me taking pictures

All natural no posed smiles

A big part of the fun was playing "lets try to get dad wet"

I just LOVE our boys smiles


Seeing their pure joy made sitting in 105 degrees worth every minute.......every sweaty minute :)

No comments: