Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sunshine and Ducks

We tend to start going a little stir crazy after weeks of cold weather. (I know who doesn't) On Sunday we drove off in search of sunshine. Normally 45 minutes to the south of us we can find some warmth in St. George. No such luck this time it was raining. So further south and west maybe Arizona? We can always find someplace to hike around there.... nope it was SNOWING.
Neither Dewey or I can ever remember seeing snow through the Gorge. I took this picture on our way back through as proof.

Mesquite Nevada it is, sun and temps in the 50's I'll take it. There is a little pond we like to stop at to feed the various birds that live there.


I had a little fun playing with my camera :)

The golfers in the background were not lost on us. Sigh....... its been at least a year since we have gone. Its always on "the list" but the way time flies by it hasn't made it to the top.

These birds crack me up, they were not shy in the least about demanding food.

Luke had a blast feeding them, notice anyone missing from the photos?


Even with Dew getting down on the goose's (that's what that bird is right?) level to show they are nice, could not change a certain someones mind.


See the child wrapped around my legs?

Apparently Kolby is not a fan of the birds. Luke stood close to show him there was nothing of ...didn't help. I guess if there was an animal half my size standing mere feet away from me I might be a little worried too.


A fun Sunday winter adventure. Now I can face the week with all the cold wet weather it promises.








No comments: