Thursday, June 17, 2010

Coin toss drive

One of our favorite things to do is take a "Coin toss drive". Dewey and I did our first one about 20 years ago and ended up in rural Idaho, we had a blast. Now we try to do them every couple month's. You start by picking two directions and assign one to heads and one to tails. In our drive last Sunday we picked North and East. We ended up going East over a mountain. It was a beautiful cloudy day.

When we got over the mountain out came the coin with the choice to go North or South, South it was. Out only other "rule" is we have to see something we have not seen before. We ended up in Kanab a beautiful little town we have been to quite a few times. But we found a museum that is made up of old western movie sets. A place we had never been to. Luke just happens to be a huge fan of Westerns right now. Both boys were beyond excited to see "real cowboy stuff" .
Their favorite was the house that was in "The Oulaw Joise Wells".
The funny thin about this picture is my legs, see how far apart they are? P90X is doing something for me. I have Luke on one knee, I'm holding Kolby up with my arms and leaning over to my hole. Twister here I come.

The "boys" hamming it up by the Livery.

You can't have a cowboy village without a stagecoach.
This was from the set of a Disney movie.
And of course we had to check out the antique farm equipment.
It was such a fun little place, a perfect find on our coin toss drive.



Have a great weekend!!!!







3 comments:

Anna said...

What a fun idea...I've learnt something new today:) And sounds like it was worth the drive and the boys had a wonderful time.
That is a great photo of you getting all the boys and yourself in the 'face' holes:)

Take care,
Anna

Samantha said...

You always come up with the best activites!

Denise said...

You are such a fun family. I would never have thought to toss a coin with such results. You have a way of finding the extraordinary in the ordinary. Best wishes to you.