Tuesday, April 6, 2010

San Diego

This is what we came home from San Diego to.......... it was 16 degrees this morning when we left the house. UGH!!!!!


It's no small secret that I LOVE LOVE San Diego. Maybe its that I spent a lot of time there as a child. Maybe its something in the ocean and the near perfect weather every day that calls to me. Something about it just sings to my soul and makes me feel at home.

So.... leading up to our trip I was beyond excited which rubbed off just a tad on the boys. Everywhere we went Kolby would tell people "we are going to my San Diego" and Luke would talk about the beach. (makes a mom so proud :)


Liz (my sister) arraigned the trip and hotel for everyone to stay at. We stayed in Point Loma, a different part of San Diego then we usually visit. It was kinda of nice to be forced us out of our routine. Our hotel was like a small tropical island, just beautiful. We had a small beach on San Diego harbor that overlooked downtown San Diego.

The boys THRILLED to see water. I love this picture of them running, does it get better then running on sand?


It was hard to get Kolby to look at the camera, this is his "if I hurry and give her a smile she will let me go look".

Another BIG reason for the boys excitement was getting to see their cousin Hailey. That's her in the pink with Dew and the boys. They had so much fun with her the whole trip, short as it was.


This happy face just makes my heart sing, pure joy.


I was trying to be "artsy" the boys just thought it was way cool to sit on a boat :)



LOTS more pics to come, but I'll try to keep the vacation pics to a small number each post to keep down the boredom factor :)




2 comments:

Wilcox Family said...

I am never bored of your pictures and commentary...keep them coming. :) So glad you had a great trip, I feel the same way....there is nothing like a good day at the beach to warm you soul and make your heart sing, I concur!!

Loved the boys running on the beach.

Always,
Jana

Hannah said...

Sounds like a great vacation! The pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

I can't believe you had to come back to snow...SNOW!!