Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pacific Beach

One of our favorite places is Pacific Beach. While we were in San Diego we could not miss the chance to spend a few hours there. Luke told us several times that we wanted to stay there. He said "this is way more San Diego then the other San Diego". (we stayed on shelter island on San Diego harbor) Apparently to him San Diego means big waves.
I LOVE this picture I had it blown up to frame. When its enlarged you can see that both boys have huge smiles on their faces.

Its funny how one year changes things, last year they were all about spending time in the sand. This year running from the waves was the big hit.


I'm thinking future surfers.....

Kolby made sure to tell everyone when the next wave was coming in, he was a busy boy :)


Kolby and Crystal Pier a perfect pic.

And the wildest boy of all my darling hubby. He talked my brother Steve into boogie boarding. It looked like a blast, except that it was March and the Pacific Ocean. They were the only two people I saw out there without a wetsuit on. Maybe snow skiing all his life has made Dew immune to the cold. I think I'll save my full on swimming for summer months.
Its hard to tell this small but enlarged you can see the smile, this is one happy man.







3 comments:

Dan and Haley said...

All of these pictures are INCREDIBLE Stacey!!! I am so glad you guys had such a great time!

Anna said...

Hi Stacey...Happy belated Easter to you and your family too and we've just got back from 2 weeks away (which went really well too and I will blog about hopefully soon:)

Great to catch up on all your news and Easter. I love all the photos of your trip to San Diego and the beach looks great even if cold:) The kids look like they were having a ball...our girls love the water too and can't get enough of it.
Glad you had a great time.
Take care,
Anna

Hannah said...

Those are amazing! It looks like so much fun!