Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Warners try ceramics......

So here's a big secret...... I got an F my sophomore year in high school ceramics. Over the years I have wondered how that could have been possible. I assumed it was during a phase in school that I was not really trying all that hard. ( OK just found out about boys, same thing)
A few nights ago Luke had a family night for his school. You guessed it ceramics at our local high school. Filled with high hopes I just knew I could set the record straight, surely I have some skills in the art of ceramics.
WRONG!!!
I do feel a little better in knowing that my F back them was well deserved. Whatever artistic ability I have ( I like to think I have a little) is not anywhere in the realm of ceramics or clay shaping/molding.
As it turned out the wheel was not where any member of the Warmer fam shone. (which we had to kindly explain to Luke's teacher when she wanted to see our completed work for a photo)
But that doesn't mean we didn't have a blast getting dirty playing with our clay mounds.


I actually tried to stick it out with the wheel while the boys all tried their hand at molding.
Ta....da.... their creations....

Just look at this proud bunch.



And Kolby showing off his mud look. The funniest part of this pic is that he was wearing an apron the whole time. Its a skill to get this dirty while covered.







3 comments:

Anna said...

Stacey...you are so right...I tried using the pottery wheel at a night class once before kids and it was SO much harder than it looks!!!! I didn't succeed either:)

Looks like the boys had a great time and made some lovely creations. Love the last pic too...my kids seem to be dirt magnets too no matter how much you try and prevent it...LOL!!

Take care,
Anna

Hannah said...

That looks like a lot of big messy fun! I love it! So FUN!

Anonymous said...

i love messy fun as long as its not at my house!! lol