Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nascar in Las Vegas

Last weekend our good friends came through town on their way to spend the weekend in Las Vegas. It was NASCAR weekend and they had tickets and reservations to stay at the track.
They invited us to come down Saturday for the party. With some huge help from Grandma and Grandpa as babysitters off we went.
I went to a race a few years ago and loved it but I never saw the "city" of motor homes that is behind the track. It was one big party with groups of friends all over.
This is Troy, Cary, Me, Judy and Wendy (dew's taking the pic) We m...a...y have snuck into the track after it had closed to watch the practices....

That's me Troy and Cary sticking our heads through a small window in the fence that was open. Very cool you have to admit.

So this year is a VERY big birthday year for my hubby and his wonderful friends. I'm thinking it will be one big party year as there is a birthday nearly every month. I love these guys and think its a truly amazing thing that they are still so close after all this time.

Dewey and I didn't even see a race and still had so much fun spending time with everyone.

Late night group shot


Cary and Dewey being themselves :)

Check out the hotties!! And this is just a small portion of their group, hopefully sometime this year we can get a group pic with everyone in it.

Troy, Wendy, Cary and Judy THANK YOU we had a blast!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A great time!!! im not a NASCAR fan but i guess when you go to a race that all changes!!!!

FUN!

hugs,LEslie

Ruthanne said...

Looks like a GREAT time! Was Ricky Bobby there???

Anna said...

What a great time it looks like you had Stacey!!

Its so refreshing isn't it to get away for a weekend and have a break from the routine and catch up with friends.

Great to hear your news!

Take care,
Anna

York-Idom Family said...

Yeah NASCAR love it glad to see you guys having a good time makes me not feel so bad for not being able to make it this year.

So much fun

Love ya
Shauntay

Susannah said...

oh, yeah..that's fun. I remember the first time i went to the middle of the track with all the rv's and sat on top of one..i went with my dad ( i was about 17 or 18) and my dad covered my eyes as we went by some of the rv's and they hollered at me. I think that is why I love Cars the movie so much. And the races..cracks me up. everyone stands up and holds their drink (mine is a coke) and yells, "whooooh" as they follow the cars with their drink...i'm laughin. of course, you cheered for fords, right?
much love from georgia..just 1 hour and 45 minutes from Talladega

Mama Bear said...

What a fun time and how awesome to have such great friends. Nascar is pretty big here in VA! We haven't been to them yet but we hear them from the house