Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween

These photos did not load in the right order... so I'll be jumping around a little timeline wise.
Last weekend one of Luke's friends stayed with us while his parents took a mini vacation. Our Saturday schedule was.
10 am Main street sheep parade
11am Kolbys school Halloween carnival
3pm Birthday party Kolby and I went to
6pm Neighbors Halloween party
Stacked and packed people, it should be noted I barely made it out alive.
This year Luke wanted to be a Ninja and Kolby picked Darth Vader. It sounds easier then what the actual process was this took a long long time and much looking through catalogs before deciding on these two.

The neighbor Halloween party was costumes mandatory. This was fine and good for the boys who I might add looked cute as can be, is it supposed to be spooky?
An old leather jacket and bandanna turned Dew into a biker dude. He is flashing his mean biker face in this pic which I think goes well with the tray of cupcakes he is holding :)

At some point in the past I wore this black vampire dress, I dug it out and ta-da a vampire. Kolby flat refused to let me wear the vampire teeth, he said they freaked him out. He was not to pleased with the "Paint" on my face. Which was red lipstick I found in the bottom of my makeup drawer. He asked that I take it off as some as we got home. That should tell you how often I wear lipstick.

Last night, actual Halloween we went trick or treating to the 4 houses that are within walking distance to us. Luke got sick at school and had been home in bed all day. About 5 minutes before we left he claimed he was perfectly fine and would not miss trick or treating. Poor guy was a little slow and ran in the house to lay down as soon as we got back home.

The four neighbors we went to all expect the boys every year. Luke and Kolby are the only trick or treaters in the neighborhood. They get spoiled and their picture taken a lot.

Back to Saturday and the sheep parade. The last few years we have met up with Luke and Kolbys friends from preschool. Its so fun for all of them, and super cute for the parents to watch. Kolby put his hand on his heart for every flag that went by.

Cowboys standing on horses...yes sir

How stinking cute are these little faces?

At one point during the parade we look down and all the boys were huddled around someones little toy. (ok it was something Luke had smuggled in his pocket) It made me laugh to these little boys all intently watching a toy while a parade is right behind them.

And the highlight of the parade.....sheep down Main street.

The boys all just stood there staring, it was so quiet. I'm not really sure how you get sheep to run down a road without them scattering but they do it every year. And every year we go and watch.

Right after the parade we went to Kolbys Halloween carnival. We have been blessed with a beautiful mild fall, the day was perfect. I couldn't resist a pic of the sack race.


Monday was Luke's Halloween parade at school and his school carnival that night.
I think its safe to say we enjoyed every single bit of Halloween fun we could find and then some.

No comments: