Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Phone Dump

I thought it was about time to unload or upload some of the random pics sitting on my phone.
Earlier this summer we went to a local music festival in town. Dew and Luke went off in one direction to find food and Kolby and I in the other.
This is what Luke came back with..... a turkey leg. After I was done gagging I snapped a shot of him enjoying it.

He followed it up with cotton candy.

My little dog Bailey...... She is getting older and has had many trips to the vet recently. I am not handling it well.

Farm in Spanish Fork where we had our flat tire. After I had bugged Dew enough I wandered off to take pics.

Driving home from work to the sight of smoke directly North of us. The fire crews got the fire under control within a few days, always a little scary.

Kolby "bobbing" for doughnut holes at the pumpkin festival

Sign on the boys bedroom door.

Traffic jam in a small town

Kolby waiting to meet his teacher for the first time.

Close-up

Remember our big night out in Salt Lake City where I mentioned Kolby fell asleep at the restaurant?

A few weeks ago we met our wonderful friends Troy and Wendy in Las Vegas.
Even though it was only one night we had such a good time.
We saw Carrot Top, very funny.

Troy and Wendy were married here many years ago. We made them pose by the chapel picture. How cute are they?

It was so good to relax and laugh until our cheeks and stomach hurt. Such a good time, I'm even sharing a pic with my cutie hubby and me with all my chin wrinkles :)


A little random insight into me,
There is a small town to the South of us that is well know for its delicious apples. Every year they have an apple festival and local families bring their apples to sell. The last two times I tried to buy them they were sold out before I got there. This year I vowed we would get there early. Which was not as easy as it sounds since that morning was the Women in Business Pumpkin festival which I had committed to help with. Once we got there I had the four of us running to the fruit stands. As I looked around I did not see many apples. The first stand says "this is the last box", We will take it, pay the man. I might have given dirty looks to the people around just to let them know it was mine. These are yummy apples people.
 Kolby LOVES applesauce the child will eat it at every meal. So my plan was to make him lots of it. So on to the Internet to find out how to make applesauce. The first several sites listed all kinds of equipment needed that I do not have. But the beauty of the Internet is that if you look long enough you will find what what you want to hear. The instructions I decided on said the peels would neatly float to the top, you just grab them up with tongs easy peasy. At this point I should mention that no it did not occur to me that if it was that easy why did the other sites say you needed all that equipment. Once I got the applesauce started I thought it would be a fine idea to make apple butter too. So I start pealing and chopping apples for the butter while I wait for the applesauce skins to magically start floating. As you can imagine the whole kitchen is taken up with apples and every possible pan and bowl. Oh I should also mention that a few days every month I am not the nicest person to be around. (read fire breathing dragon) This was one of those days, so it makes perfect sense for me to start these projects......
It soon becomes clear to me that the first 5 sights were correct, equipment was and is needed. The apples for the applesauce are now mushy with the skins still on. There is nothing else to do but start scraping the apples one by one in the TWO stock pots I have full of them. So as a recap apples started for the apple butter all over the counter me hand scraping apple for the applesauce. It was at this point Dew and the boys came in from outside. I think I said "Make dinner" from the look on Dews face my head was spinning al la poltergeist. He starts frantically going through cupboards to try and throw something together while staying out of my line of fire. About that time the doorbell rings and our wonderful neighbor comes in. He innocently asks what I'm doing as I'm sure dew was shaking his head and mouthing "save yourself". Once I explain and he looks around at the "situation" he says he will be right back. A few minutes later he and his wife are back bringing all the special applesauce making equipment they apparently had laying around their house. As I still had half a box of apples left I was THRILLED. Dew might have dropped to his knees in thanks I can't be sure.
So hours later I had the applesauce I had started done, it came out to be 3 quarts. And the apple butter in the crock pot. (Which burned the next day and had to be thrown away)
This is when any rational person would realize you can buy applesauce and apple butter at the store and be happy with that.

I however ordered 40 pounds of apples from Bountiful baskets, they will be here Sat.

Thought I would share a little of the crazy yet ever optimistic me :)

No comments: