Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kolbys first day of Kindergarten

Its official Kolby is a Kindergartner. And do you notice anything else new???

That's right, he is now the cutest kid I know in glasses. During his kindergarten registration we found out he needed to have his eyes checked, as it turns out he takes after me by being near sighted with astigmatism. I'm pretty happy we found out before he started school.

We had a couple of options for schools for Kolby. In the end we decided it would be best for him and us for him to go to a school in town. So he and Luke go to two different schools. The school he goes to is the same one 5 of his friends from preschool go to. So he goes to preschool in the morning and kindergarten in the afternoon.

The first day Dewey and I took him. He was so excited, the night before he had his outfit and backpack all ready.

His school was built in 1951 and gave both Dewey and I flashbacks to elementary schools we went to.

He walked right in confident as can be. He signed in and then found his seat and got to work. Dew and I figured at that point (when he pretty much shooed us off) that we were good to leave.


When I ask what his favorite part of school is it varies between playing with friends and his teacher reading to them. He seems pretty happy with the fact that he now has homework just like Luke.
I met him on the first day with balloons and cookies. It just melted my heart when he ran to me and game me a big hug. My baby might be growing up but thankfully he is still my snuggle bug.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Happy First Day of Kindergarten!! LOVE the new glasses :)