Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Kolby!!!

Our sweet baby boy turned 5 on Friday. And unlike Luke he said its ok that I still call him "my baby boy". We hung up lots of balloons and banners for him to wake up to Friday morning. They did not survive even long enough for them to leave for school. Hanging balloons are simply irresistible for whacking purposes.


Kolby picked Spider man cupcakes that we made Thurs night for him to take to preschool on Friday to share with his friends. I told him he had to wait for dad to get home Friday night before he could open presents. He literally stood at the door waiting. He had the door open until I made him close it and just look out the window. Excited does not even begin to explain this child :)
He was thrilled with his gifts, thank you everyone!!



Grandpa and Grandma came over on Sat afternoon for cake, also spider man. He got to pick whatever kind he wanted for me to make. He choose Vanilla cake with vanilla frosting.









After cake we all went to see Star Wars 3D. (Kolby fell asleep 3/4 of the way Thur) And then out to dinner at the Pizza Factory. It was also Grandpa's birthday on the 6Th. He very kindly shared Kolbys choice of movie and dinner for his party too.


Kolby LOVES looking at pictures so for his birthday I put together a baby book and had it made at Shutterfly. It starts with the very first pictures we received of him only a week old and goes Thur both trips to Guatemala to bring him home. He was ten months old when we met him and 14 months old when we brought him home. Its funny looking at the pictures he has changed so much but hasn't changed at all. He still has the darling little face I just adore.

Kolby is my little snuggler, he gives the very best hugs. The kind where he holds on tight and hugs with all his might. (the kind that melts my heart) I pray he stays that way for as long as possible.

He is getting ready to start kindergarten in the fall, so he is working on writing the alphabet. He loves writing letters (random) and then asking me to read it to him. I'll say "why don't you tell me what you wrote" (again because they are random letters with an occasional number thrown in) "No mom just read it" He has almost all our names down so it is usually a story about the family that just takes a little imagination to figure out.

When they are home Luke and Kolby are never apart, they do everything together. It amazes me how they are such perfect little buddies. Kolbys laid back easygoing personality fits Luke's um lets just say NOT laid back and easygoing personality perfectly. They really are just the very best of friends.

Happy Birthday Kolby we love you!!












1 comment:

Dan and Haley said...

Happy Birthday KOLBY!!!!!