Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh have we been baking!!

5 Pounds of hand-dipped Chocolate Cinnamon Bears

2 Pounds of hand-dipped Chocolate Pretzels

5 dozen sugar cookies

2 batches of Divinity

and..... 1 Gingerbread house...

(feel free to read the above while humming the 12 days of Christmas in your head)

And lets just not put a number on how much of the above I personally ate. Lets just say come Jan 1st I will need to start doing some serious get back in shape work.

My little baker helpers generally lose interest fairly fast in the whole cooking process. I was able to in list Kolbys help for the "fun" part to mix the sugar cookies, Before he was off to play/fight with Luke.



We put together 15 baskets to take to our business partners and 15 plates to take to our friends and neighbors.
I have to say I think they turned out pretty cute.


Here's the thing about being the only female in the house, when it comes to the Gingerbread house I'm not going to get "pretty pink , cottage style". What we have instead is a truck wrecked into the side of a very boys house. I'll give you a hint of which boys idea it was for the wrecked truck........ the over 40 one :)




Last night the three of the got down to the serious business of decorating.

Your right in that one child is sitting on the table. That's why in the first picture you can see the Clorox bleach cleaning spray.....we use a LOT of it.


TA......DA the finished product.....




And I have to say it is just perfect!! I LOVE it!!




Being able to watch the "building" process was my favorite part. My 3 favorites boys in the world working together can't help but bring a smile to my heart.















1 comment:

Hannah said...

That gingerbread house is awesome. The truck is just the perfect touch...you'd never know two little boys lived there ;)