Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First cold of the season...check

So maybe it was the freezing temps we have been having and the end of season soccer games or maybe it was the endless germs we all run into everyday. But we can safely say our first cold of the season is checked off the list. I have been coughing for over a week and lost my voice last Thurs. I finally broke down and went to the doctor yesterday to be told I have a "serious chest infection". I'm hoping the pills start working so I get my voice back and can sleep at night..



Sick or not we went to Dewey's cousins wedding over the weekend. I'm bummed I didn't take any pictures. You know I have to be far below my peak to not have my camera out. The wedding was beautiful and took place in a little town call Antimony about an hour and a half from us. We had never been there before and really enjoyed seeing a new area of Utah. We ate at a little cafe on the way back that swore they were from Butch Cassidys hide out. Needless to say the boys LOVED it.



Alas no pictures but fun time spent with family and good memories.






I thought I would share our recent pics from the boys annual doctor visit. (get it me sick boys doc pics, it all ties it :) What do you do to pass the time once your in the little waiting room??

Use the stool as a race car?




Or play hide and seek??


Whatever it takes to keep a 4 and 6 year entertained in a tiny room. Both boys are healthy, Kolby got a start on his pre kindergarten immunizations. He is such a little trooper, 3 shots and not a tear shed. Kolby came in at the 30% for his age and height. Luke has dropped off the chart again. But the important thing is that he is happy and healthy. And the lucky kid gets to eat all the calories he wants. Sigh..... it has been at least 100 years since I could do that :)

Both Kolby and Dew have a little cough but seem to be fine otherwise. Hopefully this cold is a me only this time around.





1 comment:

Hannah said...

I hate to hear they haven't been feeling good. Those first colds of the season stink!