Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's day!!!
I have had the privilege to "meet" so many amazing mom's in the blog world. I wish you all the very best this weekend!!
I have two favorite pictures of me and the boys. They still make me smile and cry to look at them.
This one is in Kazakhstan, sitting at the Baby house with Luke. This was before he smiled, we were there a few weeks before we saw his first grin.
After waiting so many years, holding my son in my arms........heaven.
And this is Kolby on our visit trip to Guatemala, Dewey took this not long after we brought Kolby back to our room for the first time. He was such a happy easy going guy.
There is nothing in the world like holding your child for the first time.
And one of my new favorite pics, taken in San Diego. It makes me smile because it shows the real us. Luke is not smiling because he is on a ship and oh so close to huge planes and his mom is making take a picture. And kolby is doing his "cheese" grin, looking at all that is going on around him and crossing his leg's because he can not hold still for even a few minutes.
LOVE IT!!!
When Kolby looked at this picture he said "look mom your a princess". I think that is the best complement I have ever received. If my son thinks I am a princess I'm a happy women.
To all the wonderful women in my life and all you Amazing mothers out there....
Have a simply perfect weekend what ever you do, you deserve the very best!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!
A Mother's Love
There are times when only a Mother's love
can understand our tears,
can soothe our disappoints
and calm all of our fears.
There are times when only a Mother's love
can share the joy we feel
when something we've dreamed about
quite suddenly is real.
There are times when only a Mother's faith
can help us on life's way
and inspire in us the confidence
we need from day to day.
For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
and a Mother's steadfast love
were fashioned by the Angels
and sent from God above......
-Author Unknown-




4 comments:

Hannah said...

Those pictures are so amazing!! That first one, the way he is sucking his fingers...such sweet moments.

Loved the poem. That is beautiful.

Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Kim & Dave said...

I love those "firsts" pics! Such special memories!!

The plane pic is hysterical!

Happy Mother's Day!

Melinda said...

Oh, so sweet! And you're right, there is no better moment than when you hold your child for the first time. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Anna said...

Happy Mothers Day to you too Stacey!!

I love all your photos...the ones of the boys when you were meeting them for the first time are so special.
And love the one of you with the boys...its amazing to see how much they've both grown up...how sweet to be called a princess. I love it when the kids give me compliments like that:) Its very cute and sweet.

Take care and hope you have a special mothers day,

Anna