Monday, November 9, 2009

Farm life

We have not had any farm pics in a awhile, so I thought since we spent last weekend doing nothing but house and horse stuff I would share some.We have really not ridden the horses as much as we should be. I just don't know where the time goes. We all had fun taking turns riding on Sat.
Look at Kolby listening to Dewey and sitting up so straight.
The rules are you have to listen to dad to be able to ride. Luke who normally has trouble with the whole listening thing didn't miss a word Dewey said while riding.



Luke worked on sitting up straight and holding his head up and also on making the horses stop when he wants them to. (something I still need a little work on ;)

Kolby worked on holding on :)


We had a hard time getting both boys off when their turn was up. I'm pretty sure they got a lot more riding time then Dewey did.


Every day when we get home the boys help me feed and water the horses and chickens. Their favorite part is gathering and carrying the eggs.

Kolby being himself in front of our last tree with colored leaves.


The hay pile is pretty much a jungle gym for the boys, they spend most of their time "helping" by climbing up and down and all around it.

Its these simple pics that remind me how blessed we are to have the home and life that we have. I am forever thankful for my wonderful husband and amazing kids!!!



4 comments:

Hannah said...

I didn't know you guys lived on a farm...how did I miss that? I grew up on a farm (and still live in the country) it was the BEST way to grow up!! Love that picture of the boys on the bales of hay...adorable.

Anonymous said...

Your boys have it made...Abby would love to live with you!!!

I love your cowboys!

York-Idom Family said...

That looks like they are having so much fun. We should get the boys together and have some fun would rather come to you looks warmer there.

Those are so cute of pic even if your camera acting up

Anna said...

I love all your photos Stacey...what a great life for your boys growing up on a farm. They look like they love horse riding.

Thanks for sharing and take care,

Anna