Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gotta love mother nature

We have wanted a patio set since we moved into our house four years ago. I have had many day dreams of picnic lunch's with the boys, late dinner under the stars with Dew and of course Sunday morning relaxing with my coffee and paper.
So we were thrilled to buy a "new to us" set last week.
This is a heavy large round table with a beautiful glass top inlaid with a leaf design. (It took both Dew and I to move it from the truck to our back deck) And six matching chairs.
We set it up on Thursday, but unfortunately the temps have dropped so we had not made it out to try it out yet.
Then came Sunday... and the wind

Not just a few breezes here and there but 60 a mile wind gusts. We looked out the windows to solid dust clouds and our trees bent sideways.


About halfway through the day Dewey asked me to come look out the patio door. "See anything missing?" He asked. I'm counting tree's the barn and hay pile and didn't notice anything. (to be fair the table had only been there three days I was not used to seeing it ) "Stand back and look to the left"..............

Wow
Who knew a glass table top could shatter into a zillion pieces? And who would guess that a wind storm could pick up a table and send it flying 10 feet to the North to land upside down.
So lesson learned, I'm not sure if its that we are not meant to have a patio set. Or maybe its, if we choose to live in a wind tunnel we should not have anything on our deck.
And my patio daydreams can wait a little longer :)


4 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh Wow! We had a storm similar to that last September and it destroyed SO much in our area. I am glad you guys are ok!

Wilcox Family said...

HOLY COW!! That is amazing, I am always humbled by mother nature...SHE is always in charge!! :) I love the look of your new blog...it's great! :) We need to pimp our blog, one day soon! :) HUGS xo Jana

Becca said...

Very cool pictures - glad you guys are okay!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Anna said...

Oh what a shame Stacey!!!
We get strong winds where we are too at times and had a very unusual dust storm a few weeks back that caused lots of damage and mess too. Our glass top outdoor table has been blown over a number of times but is still intact so far...when I know its going to be windy we flip it over now.
Take care,
Anna