Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Utah Summer Games

We were lucky enough to be able to attend the opening ceremonies for the Utah Summer Games. (think Olympics but on a state level) This is a huge event in our small town. Athletes of all ages come to compete every year. This is the first year we were able to go to the Opening ceremonies. It was quite the event. Live band, "celebrities" from the TV show the biggest loser. And our favorite part fireworks. The boys were thrilled to be able to be there with Grandma and Grandpa.


This is the closest I have ever been to fireworks, it was AMAZING!!! Luke LOVED it!!
A lot of running around having fun.


Laughing with dad, I love this pic with his real laugh and smile. Kolby on the other hand, not a huge fan of the fireworks and the noise, this is how he spent 98% of the show.

But once it was over and we were walking back to the car he was happy as can be talking about it. He kept saying "boom, boom, loud". So I promise we did not traumatize him to much. :)











8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG what fun!!!

Mama Bear said...

I am so glad they survived the loud booms. It can be a really scary time for the little ones but what wonderful celebration for us adults!

Wilcox Family said...

I love it, the laughing picture of Luke is great and poor Kolby...it's fun to see their different reactions to things...

Jana

Anna said...

Looks like a great time Stacey.
Love all the photos...Luke looks SO happy and poor Kolby:( I remember my Sarah used to be like that too with fireworks...she's grown out of it now and loves them which is good.

Take care,
Anna

Hannah said...

How cool! That looks like a blast.

I love the second to last picture...adorable!

Ruthanne said...

I LOVE fireworks. Andrew loved them last year...I'm hoping he likes them this year too. You guys always do the 'funnest' things!

Paula said...

I love your adventures! Luke's smile and laugh says it all.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time. And I love, love, love that picture of Luke.